We're a fast-moving company that is laser-focused on transforming the insurance industry – making insurance placement easier and more accurate for everyone. At VirtualMGA, our team members enjoy the energy and the close-knit camaraderie of a start-up with the stability and strength of an established company with ten years of experience.
Our new hires benefit quickly from our open atmosphere and our knowledge sharing culture, and we do our very best to promote from within. In fact, almost 25% of our employees began in our intern training program and advanced to full-time positions. Join our team and make a quick impact on the industry.
Senior Account Manager
Virtual MGA is looking for a person to serve as a Senior Account Manager. This role will handle existing clients and will be the client advocate to make sure their needs are being met. Senior Account Managers work with small to mid-size clients or on National accounts assisting an Account Executive. Senior Account Management activities will include regular client communications, creating annual account plans, prioritizing client support items and steering clients through the Support process, and requirements capture for any new functionality required. The Senior Account Manager is also responsible for overall analysis of client interaction with the VMGA platform to maximize utilization. Additionally, the Senior Account Manager may assist the National Accounts Executives in supporting national clients. This position is located in our offices in Austin, Texas.
- Develop and execute detailed road map account plans annually
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients
- Client retention and identify opportunities for additional enhancements
- Lead and facilitate resolution of any client issues, changes or enhancements
- Capture requirements for any enhancements or changes and drive them through delivery to client
- Creating meeting agendas, capturing meeting notes, and creating configuration specifications
Preferred qualifications and experience for the position:
- 5+ years of proven, successful experience in external account management (client facing)
- 5+ years in some form of client facing role or business leadership role
- 5 years experience as an insurance underwriter, customer service representative or insurance company marketing representative
- Basic knowledge of the Property & Casualty insurance market
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to interact with clients at all levels, Executive to Administrative
- Strong client empathy characteristics